是的,没有. 我们都能想出典型的原因 BET9九卅娱乐10年信誉 is important; and of course, one of them is that a certain level of it is required. 但当你深入研究, what are the driving forces behind the best 实践s in professional development?
在一个 2017年的报告 BET9九卅娱乐在线登录官网什么构成有效的专业发展, the Learning Policy Institute reviewed 35 studies that met their methodological criteria that linked the 实践 with student outcomes.
“Teacher professional learning is of increasing interest as one way to support the increasingly complex skills students need to learn in preparation for further education and work in the 21st century,报告说. “Sophisticated forms of teaching are needed to develop student competencies such as deep mastery of challenging content, 批判性思维, 复杂的解决问题, 有效的沟通和协作, 和自主性. 反过来, effective professional development is needed to help teachers learn and refine the pedagogies required to teach these skills.”
The report noted that some studies spotlighted professional development initiatives that didn’t seem to make a difference, and set out to discover the components of effective professional development, which it defined as “structured professional learning that results in changes in teacher 实践s and improvements in student learning outcomes.“他们确定，其中一些组成部分是:
- Specific, content-focused strategies that fell in line with the teachers’ own classrooms;
- ‘Active-learning models – including interactive activities – that get away from the traditional lecture format;
- Collaborative learning: sharing ideas and networking with others in similar positions, 最终改变一种文化;
- Best-实践s models: When teachers can visualize a curriculum through actual models of lesson plans, 学生的作业和同学的观察, 这让他们在创造自己的游戏时具有优势;
- 反馈, 反射 and time: High-quality professional development included time for feedback and thoughtful 反射 on possible changes to their routines. It also was of sufficient duration to give teachers enough time to really learn, 并可能被同化, 任何更改.
虽然有些老师比其他人更有天赋, 一切有效的教学都是学习的结果, 反射, 实践, 和努力工作,” 学习前进的专业发展报告. “老师永远都不知道学生是如何学习的, 是什么阻碍了学生的学习, 以及老师的指导如何增加学生的学习. Professional development is the only means for teachers to gain such knowledge. 学生是否高, 低, 或平均成就, they will learn more if their teachers regularlyengage in high-quality professional development.”
Does this mean that the only good professional development is in person, rather than online? 一点也不. Online learning has evolved to include group discussion, projects and shared reports. 在线专业发展可以满足教师的需要 继续教育 同时仍然提供最佳实践模型的元素.
这一点很重要，原因有几个. 一个, 老师都是大忙人, and often must fit their professional development courses into the pockets of time they have available. 两个, self-direction al低s a teacher to mold a course into the model he or she most needs in the classroom at that point in time.
不像传统的职业发展, self-directed professional development opens learning possibilities for educators in any place and at any time,” 重新考虑. “It al低s educators to acquire a wide variety of skills and gain access to training outside the classroom at their own pace.”
Some of the reasons why self-directed courses actually offer more than traditional courses:
- 教科书, videos and other instructional materials are high-quality and consistent across the board;
- Teachers can take the time they need to master a difficult concept without worrying about running out of time;
- Online and self-directed courses are available to educators and other individuals (assistant teachers, 例如, or Individualized Education Program providers) who may not have access to traditional teacher-development sessions.
BET9九卅娱乐在线登录官网’s Online Professional Learning Program (DominicanCAonline.Com)提供数百种 面向教师的在线BET9九卅娱乐10年信誉 ——以及各级行政管理.
A professional learning or 继续教育 program has to be flexible, 全面的, 和当前, 我们为这三样东西感到自豪. 在一个ddition to classes that expand your skills in teaching language arts, 数学, 科学, 社会研究和阅读, we offer high-level classes about different aspects of teaching itself, 如:
- 政府: A series of classes on teacher evaluation focused on improving both pedagogical skill and student achievement.
- 课堂管理:我们最重要的部门之一, 课程包括归纳学习, 教多动症和自闭症学生的策略, 研究方法, 创造包容性的课堂环境, 课程计划, 批判性思维, 创新和更多.
- 教育宣传: Specifically geared toward helping Teacher Associate/Union Representatives build an educational outreach program that is more effective in their schools and communities.
- 特殊教育: Multidisciplinary approaches in the classroom that cover everything from Asperger’s to autism, 从包容到自律, from emotional and behavioral disorders to UDL readiness in the classroom.
- 技术: It is imperative for teachers to update their skills and their teaching protocols. 学习使用ipad, 谷歌文档, 推特, Smartboard, 编码和更多将从第一天就提升你的课堂.
“It’s an unfortunate reality that many schools are confined to only a few days of PD per year,” ActivelyLearn. “Teachers spend a handful of days in marathon-long sessions of workshops and meetings with the expectation that they can improve their 实践 in short, 学习的密集爆发. 但这并不是学习的方式.” The site suggests on-demand resources that can extend professional development beyond a day, 包括在线课程.